General Problems and Inquiries
If your model arrives with damage or there is any other issue, the best thing to do is to call our support team. They take care of all of our warranty repairs and they are all swell guys. The toll-free number is 1-855-LRC-6917 (1-855-572-6917) (outside North America, + 1 905-474-3314 or 905-474-3324).
Function Issues on Digitrax Systems
If you operate with a Digitrax DCC system and your DCC loco does not seem to be responding as it should, please try the fix described below before contacting us. It may save you some time and aggravation! Apparently, some Digitrax systems store the address of every single loco that they’ve ever used on them, and regardless of whether the loco was dispatched or not. Once this memory fills up, any new locos that attempt to be used by that system exhibit very unusual behavior including non-working functions and odd responses. The solution to this is easy. All you need to do is clear the memory in your system. This is done by clearing slot #36; see the instructions below. Once you’ve done this, you’ll likely find that your loco operates exactly as you expected it should. General Instructions for Closing Command Station Option Switches (for specific instructions for your command station and throttle, see the instruction manual for your equipment):
- On the command station, set the MODE toggle switch to the OP (center) position.
- Using your throttle go into Switch Mode
- Enter the Option Switch number you wish to change (in this case 36).
- Press the “c” key on the throttle.
- You will hear a beep.
- On the command station move the MODE toggle down to SLEEP then back up to RUN.
- Using your throttle, turn Track Status back on.
For more information, see this page from Digitrax’s web site.
ALCo PA & PB Operating Manuals and Diagrams
- Instructions (English)
- ESU LokSound Decoder Manual
- PA-1 Exploded parts diagram - AT&SF version
- PA-1 Exploded parts diagram - D&RGW version
- PA-1 Exploded parts diagram - LV, NH and NYC version
- PA-1 Exploded parts diagram - NKP version
- PA-1 Exploded parts diagram - PRR version
- PA-2 Exploded parts diagram - SP version
- PB-1 Exploded parts diagram - AT&SF and D&RGW version
- PB-1 Exploded parts diagram - NYC version
- PB-1 Exploded parts diagram - PRR version
- PB-2 Exploded parts diagram - SP version