HO Scale CPR D10 Locomotive
Following the success of the inaugural Icons of Canadian Steam release, the CPR Royal Hudson, Rapido Trains is pleased to announce the next locomotive in the series, the CPR D10-class Ten Wheeler in HO scale. The D10-class Ten Wheeler was the most numerous class of steam locomotive not only for the CPR but in Canada. Five hundred and two of these useful 4-6-0s were built between 1905 and 1913, and many lasted until the end of CP steam service in 1961. D10s were employed in freight and passenger work across Canada and into the United States on CP’s many. lines. There is truly no more useful locomotive for any steam-era CPR layout than the D10.
Of course, like any steam engine, the D10s appearance changed over the years with variations in headlights, fuel type, walkways and more becoming apparent across each of the classes. Rapido’s D10 will feature many optional details to accurately portray D10s in several configurations and sub-classes, including:
- Coal or Oil tenders
- Raised or straight walkways
- Centered or smokebox-top mounted headlights
- Straight or angled front number boards
- Two styles of power reversers
- Straight or angled cylinder steam pipes
- Two different bell locations
The D10s drive will incorporate our smooth-running gear drive with flywheel - as derived from our Royal Hudson locomotive - allowing sure and silent operation. All models will be DCC ready, and sound equipped models will be fitted with custom sound decoders that feature synchronized effects for the ultimate in realism. Lighting effects will include headlights, marker lights, number boards and flickering firebox.
The Rapido Trains HO scale CPR D10-class Ten-Wheeler locomotive features:
- Designed from blueprints and field measurements
- Factory-applied details specific for each road number
- Smooth-running drive and heavy diecast weight centred above the drivers for exceptional pulling power
- Blackened metal wheels and driving rods
- Working head, marker and classification lights, as well as a flickering firebox light*
- DCC sound version includes synchronized chuff, accurate whistle, bell and many other effects!**
- Accurate and complete piping, underbody and tender details
- Accurate paint and decoration
- 18” Minimum radius (22" recommended)
* Not all lighting effects are available on silent versions.
** User-controlled sound features only accessible on DCC-equipped layouts.
Ever experience a loss of power? Experience it no more with the all-new "Mo-Power" capacitor.
Designed by Rapido with the guidance of ESU LokSound, this handy electrical component, which is integrated with the main PCB board, ensures you run uninterrupted from a momentary loss of track power. It will provide anywhere from two to five seconds of juice, depending on the Rapido locomotive.
Order direct or through your favourite dealer.
Items 1-12 of 31