The Angus Van is back and juicier than ever!
- Improved lighting!
- New Paint Schemes
- Number Re-Runs
Between 1972 and 1981, CP’s Angus Shops in Montreal built over 300 modern, wide-vision “vans”. Hence the “Angus Van” name that stuck with them throughout their careers. (For all you non-hose heads, that’s Canadian for “Caboose”.) They proved popular with crews and many are still on the road today, as shoving platforms or rider cars in MOW service. One of the more unique uses for a van was CP 422999, which was converted into a calibration car. The Angus Van is similar to the wide-vision caboose that is commonly seen throughout North America.
The Rapido Trains HO scale Angus Shops van features:
- Super-detailed underbody including all separate air and brake piping
- Super-detailed Barber-Bettendorf caboose trucks
- Full multi-coloured interior with proper floor texture
- Interior handrails and opening windows in the cupola
- See-through, etched metal end platforms and steps
- Full end detail, including uncoupling levers
- Separate grab irons installed at the factory
- Improved, full interior lighting with all-wheel pickup and better rolling trucks
- Operating red marker lights
- Metal Macdonald-Cartier Knuckle Couplers mounted at correct height
Order direct or through your favourite dealer.