RailCrew Switch machine
RailCrew HO Switch machine
The RailCrew series of products will revolutionize the way modellers design and operate their model railroads. The range of HO Scale layout accessories initially comprises a Switch Machine with operating switch stand and a very clever ON-OFF Uncoupler that eliminates unintended uncoupling wherever it is positioned.
RailCrew products will be available through all regular Rapido retailers and direct (multi-packs only).
Most of your questions will be answered by watching our handy-dandy introductory video!
The RailCrew Switch Machine is the only hidden switch machine guaranteed to turn heads after you install it on your layout. As well as the machine itself, it comes with three different WORKING injection plastic moulded switch stands and ten different plastic or photo-etched metal targets based on most major North American railroad designs. The target (and optional, non-working lantern) actually rotates just like the real thing. Yes, you read that correctly. The unit also comes complete with SPDT auxiliary contacts to power frogs and signals.
This innovative new product features:
- Compact 1 1/8″(28.5mm) diameter x 1″ (25mm) height
- Easy to install on existing layouts
- Museum-quality switch stands with rotating targets
- Racor 17B (tall), 31B (tall) and 20C (low) switch stands ALL included!
- Momentary 12V DC power – power numerous machines off of one power supply.
- Very quiet operation
- Strong enough to throw and hold the points but it won’t break them
- SPDT auxiliary contacts to power frogs and signals
- Low-profile, compact design – it’s really tiny!
- Work with all layout types, including multi-deck and portable layouts
- Available in singles, 6-packs or 12-packs
- Switch stands and targets also available separately
The switch machine works by moving the throwbar to your points, just like the real thing. And the target rotates, just like the real thing. This is ideal for shoulder- and eye-height layouts where you can’t necessarily see which way the points are set. Each RailCrew Switch Machine comes with three different switch stands and 10 targets, so you have plenty to choose from!
The mechanism is barely the thickness of your subroadbed, which is a massive step up from the bulky machines on the market today. This makes our switch machine ideal for multi-deck layouts, even with the tightest vertical clearances. We know we’ll never unseat the Tortoise, but we want to be Number Two!
You can easily add an accessory decoder to our Switch Machine, and you can order the switch stands separately.
September 2016 Update:
We are retooling a number of features of the switch machine to make it more reliable and easier to install. Please refer to our latest newsletter for the full details. (Click here to read it.) We now expect delivery in the first half of 2017. We think you’ll agree it is better to get this right than to get it out quickly.
Note: Order links will take you to our Swag Store page for these items. All direct orders in Canadian dollars only.