N Scale 73′ Smooth Side Baggage-Express
N 73′ Smooth Side Express-Baggage
Rapido Trains Inc. is pleased to reveal the latest addition to its acclaimed Panorama Line range of N scale passenger coaches, the NSC 73′ 6″ Express-Baggage Car.
Almost every train needs a baggage car, from the hot-shot streamliner to the two-car branchline local. This National Steel Car smooth side baggage-express car has been in use throughout North America for over 60 years. These cars, along with similar cars from other builders, carried baggage and express traffic on primary, secondary and mixed trains. Many carried sealed mail for the post office. These cars were used until recently on Amtrak, VIA Rail, Ontario Northland, Algoma Central and are still used on several tourist lines.
The 73ft 6in Baggage-Express Car brings a new level of realism to N scale modelers everywhere and has all the details you’ve come to expect from our N scale Panorama Line cars. This all-new car incorporates all of the superb features included on our most recent releases, including the 10-5 Sleeper and the Cafe-Bar-Lounge.
Our N Scale Model Features:
- Super-detailed underbody
- Body-mounted Micro-Trains© couplers
- All air, steam and electrical lines represented
- Insulated 36″ metal wheelsets (no pizza cutters!)
- Diaphragms and safety bars
- Painted grab irons applied at the factory.
- Four numbers plus unnumbered available in each scheme
- Will operate smoothly on curves down to 9-3/4″ radius
- Standard End or End Doors as appropriate
- Super-detailled Commonwealth Cast Pedestal tri-axle, 41-N-11 Inside
Swinghanger or 41-BNO-11 Outside Swinghanger trucks as appropriate for each roadname and car type.
As usual, these models will be produced strictly to order. Reserve yours now at your local hobby shop or directly with us to ensure you don’t miss out!
MSRP US $54.95 Canada $59.95
The order deadline has now closed. Please contact your dealer.
Delivery is expected in summer 2017.
For a full listing of first run paint schemes click here.