HO Scale Modernized F40PH w/ditch lights
HO Modernized F40PH w/ditch lights
Stupidly, we thought this just required a new nose with ditch lights installed. But of course that would be too easy. It actually requires an ENTIRELY NEW BODY. Somebody at Amtrak thought it would be a good idea to recess the area behind the cab steps and change the design of the cab door window. They were being very inconsiderate to a model train manufacturer doing an HO scale version of their locomotive 30 years later.
Our modernized F40PH features:
- Modernized body with recessed step wells and new cab door
- Operating, flashing ditch lights
- Operating strobe lights and marker lights
- User-controlled operating number boards
- Modernized truck sideframes
- 100% accurate dimensions
- Etched-metal grilles and windshield wipers
- Unmatched underframe detail
- Full, decorated cab interior
- Accurate Amtrak F40PH sounds
- Revised packaging to protect the horns!
We made 200 extra examples of our first run of Amtrak F40PH locomotives and they all sold out in two days. Our F40s are now becoming hard to find in hobby shops, and we suspect they will be impossible to find in a few weeks. Reserve your modernized F40PH today to ensure you don’t miss it. We’ve already shown we can make an F40. This one will be even better.
Like the NPCU, the MSRP is $299.95 (DC/DCC/Sound) and $199.95 (DC/Silent) in the United States and the rest of the world. In Canada, the MSRP is $349.95/$249.95.
As usual, these engines will be made to order.
Our factory is busy making RDCs so we’re keeping the order deadline on these items a little longer. We won’t keep it open for long so get your order in now!
Delivery in February 2017.
For a full listing of first run paint schemes and to reserve please click on the appropriate button below.