HO Scale Modernized F40PH w/ditch lights
HO Modernized F40PH w/ditch lights
Stupidly, we thought this just required a new nose with ditch lights installed. But of course that would be too easy. It actually requires an ENTIRELY NEW BODY. Somebody at Amtrak thought it would be a good idea to recess the area behind the cab steps and change the design of the cab door window. They were being very inconsiderate to a model train manufacturer doing an HO scale version of their locomotive 30 years later.
Our modernized F40PH features:
- Modernized body with recessed step wells and new cab door
- Operating, flashing ditch lights
- Operating strobe lights and marker lights
- User-controlled operating number boards
- Modernized truck sideframes
- 100% accurate dimensions
- Etched-metal grilles and windshield wipers
- Unmatched underframe detail
- Full, decorated cab interior
- Accurate Amtrak F40PH sounds
- Revised packaging to protect the horns!
As usual, these engines will be made to order.
Order deadline September 15th, 2017
Delivery in early 2018.
For a full listing of first run paint schemes and to reserve please click on the appropriate button below.