HO GMD SW1200RS
HO GMD SW1200RS
Rapido Trains Inc. is delighted to announce the latest museum-quality model in its True North line of iconic Canadian locomotives. The most requested locomotive in Rapido’s history, the ubiquitous SW1200RS has been a mainstay of freight railroading in Canada since 1955. Equally at home in the yard or on the mainline, the GMDD (General Motors Diesel Division) SW1200RS operated from coast to coast, and many are still in service today for short lines in Canada and the United States.
Canadian National and Canadian Pacific each rostered large fleets of the SW1200RS. While internally identical, the locomotives had numerous spotting differences, such as the exhaust stacks, cab number boards, battery boxes, fuel tanks, classification (marker) lights and stanchions. Rapido has tooled all of the major spotting differences between the two versions, as well as numerous variations between eras. No expense has been spared to bring you as accurate a model as we can, whether you model CN or CP.
The SW1200RS has been under development for over a year and is a key locomotive required for Rapido President Jason Shron’s Kingston Sub layout. We’d particularly like to extend a huge thank you to the Ontario Southland Railway for the incredible level of access they gave us to make extensive field measurements and video their fleet of locomotives in action. More of the latter can be found in a future video on this exciting project.
The SW1200RS will be available in six different CP paint schemes and four CN paint schemes. Both CP and CN versions will be available as undecorated models. Unnumbered and Undecorated models will include various different exhaust stack types and handrail styles. The undecorated CN model is supplied with three different cabs.
The HO Scale Rapido SW1200RS features:
- Designed from original blueprints and field measurements
- Two different versions: CN and CP
- Heavy diecast frame, chassis and gearboxes for superior pulling power
- Rapido’s renowned smooth-running drive system
- Working number boards and classification lights
- Full cab interior with working cab interior light and non-working fridge and fire extinguisher
- Working inspection lights and ditch lights (where appropriate)
- Separate handrails, including crash bars inside the cab
- Four different exhaust stack styles
- Three different battery box door styles
- Undecorated CN models supplied with three different cabs
- With or without working drop steps, as appropriate
- Numerous optional parts, including all-weather windows, winterization hatches, watchman’s heater, snow shields, radiator covers, and alternative MU stands
- Incredible underbody piping and conduit detail
- DC/Silent or DC/DCC/Sound versions featuring an ESU Loksound decoder with accurate recordings
- Sound models feature an updated high-fidelity MP3 quality speaker
The MSRP is $325 (DC/DCC/Sound) and $225 (DC/Silent)
As usual, these locomotives will be made to order.
Order Deadline: September 15, 2017
Delivery: Early 2018