HO Scale Budd Mid-Train Domes
HO Budd Mid-Train Domes
Rapido Trains Inc. is delighted to announce our next offering of individual Budd passenger cars – the mid-train dome! Our Budd Mid-Train Dome is perfect for your pocket streamliner. It comes with coach or cafe seating on one side of the dome, with a lounge on the other side.
Up in the dome, of course, is where your passengers will get the absolute best view of your layout – with a full 360-degree view, unlike those so-called “dome” cars you can ride on Amtrak today.
Down below the dome is a full kitchen, so your customers can have a great view and a freshly-prepared meal.
Our Budd passenger cars feature our own unique stainless steel finish. We believe that the finish of our Budd passenger cars is the closest you will find to the real thing. We spent months testing different methods, including painting and plating, and comparing them to the real cars at our local passenger train maintenance centre. The end result is a top-secret method that includes spraying different specially-formulated finishes at specific temperatures to reach the warm, stainless feel of our final product. Prepare to be impressed!
On a passenger car model of this caliber the detail should not stop at the floor. Our Superior Stainless passenger cars have complete underbody detail, including all of the air, steam and electrical conduits. We have recreated this as accurately as possible in HO scale. Nobody else has ever offered this amount of detail in a passenger car model. Nobody.
Our Superior Stainless Series offers unparalleled HO scale Budd prototype passenger cars. There has never been a ready-to-run model passenger car in any scale with this level of detail inside and out. Ever.
The MSRP is US $109 in the USA/Rest of World and CDN $109 in Canada.
As usual, these passenger cars will be made to order.
Order Deadline TBA.
Delivery in 2017.
Our HO Scale Model Features:
- Fully decorated and assembled with factory-installed grab irons
- Realistic stainless steel finish
- Full underbody with air, steam and electrical lines
- Fully detailed and decorated interiors
- Coach or coffee-shop on lower level as appropriate
- Window blinds at different heights for each car
- Operating diaphragms with etched-metal end gates
- Magnetic metal knuckle couplers at the correct height
- Free-rolling trucks with metal wheelsets
- Track-powered interior lighting including dome lights
- 22″ Minimum radius (can be modified for 18″ minimum)
- Numerous American and Canadian paint schemes
- Several car numbers per paint scheme
- Also available in unlettered stainless steel finish for your custom road